Saturday, August 8, 2009

Pathos

Pathos

1. the quality or power in an actual life experience or in literature, music, speech, or other forms of expression, of evoking a feeling of pity or compassion.

Pathos, is a Greek root, obviously dealing with emotion, or self-expression. I have a bit of an obsession with Pathos, being a self-proclaimed artist. The idea behind it all is that I believe self-expression is Art. Since everything is relative due to the existence of infinite perspectives, Art is the closest thing to truth for me. I try very much to never withhold how I feel from my art-form which as you have probably noticed by now, is writing.

Cutting to the chase! Anytime I write a blog that is self-expressive, or meant to provoke a certain emotion.. it will be labled, Pathos. It will be a shortcut to finding out how I feel about certain subjects around this blog

No comments: